The Components of a USB Flash Drive
USB flash drives are highly versatile devices: They’re small enough to be easily transported from one location to another, they take up very little storage space, and they can hold virtually all file types. These useful drives are composed of exactly four essential parts:
- USB plug (or connector) – This type-A (rectangular) USB plug is the part inserted into the computer.
- Flash memory chip – This is the part that contains the data. These memory chips are available in a wide range of capacities, from less than 1 GB to 256 GB.
- Crystal oscillator – This regulates the USB drive’s data output.
- USB mass storage controller – A square black microcontroller.
USB flash drives may also include optional features such as test pins, write-protect switches, and a hole to allow a keychain attachment. PrintUSB carries a wide variety of custom USB drives available in many styles, with personalization services provided on request.
- Tags: Branded Flash Drives
- Greg Sachs