Logo Flash Drives Put Your Company Name Out in Front
Logo Flash Drives Get Your Brand the Exposure You Need
How to Transfer Word Documents to a USB Flash Drive
USB flash drives can be used to store a wide variety of data, from music to photographs. Word documents and PDF files also fit comfortably on a USB flash drive, and because of the tiny amount of space taken up by these files relative to the capacity of a custom USB drive, it’s possible to save an enormous number of documents. Saving word files to a flash drive is a simple process:
- Plug the flash drive into the proper place—this will be a horizontal, rectangular USB slot.
- Make a new folder on the desktop (by right-clicking and selecting New, then Folder).
- Drag your word documents to the new folder.
- Now go find the flash drive directory. This can be accomplished by clicking Start, then Computer.
- Drag the entire folder you just created onto the flash drive directory. Wait until the process is completed (never take out a flash drive while files are being copied!).
If you have only a few documents to transfer, then there’s no need to create a new folder—that step is intended to make it easier to deal with large numbers of files. Alternatively, you can also save a file directly to the USB flash drive: simply open the file and use the Save As function to copy it.
Cheap Branded Flash Drives Can Be a Good Investment
Branded Flash Drives Offer a Better Return
The Components of a USB Flash Drive
USB flash drives are highly versatile devices: They’re small enough to be easily transported from one location to another, they take up very little storage space, and they can hold virtually all file types. These useful drives are composed of exactly four essential parts:
- USB plug (or connector) – This type-A (rectangular) USB plug is the part inserted into the computer.
- Flash memory chip – This is the part that contains the data. These memory chips are available in a wide range of capacities, from less than 1 GB to 256 GB.
- Crystal oscillator – This regulates the USB drive’s data output.
- USB mass storage controller – A square black microcontroller.
USB flash drives may also include optional features such as test pins, write-protect switches, and a hole to allow a keychain attachment. PrintUSB carries a wide variety of custom USB drives available in many styles, with personalization services provided on request.
Branded Flash Drives Are an Environmentally Sound Choice
Being environmentally friendly as a company means making the best use out of the world’s resources, when small branded flash drives can carry all of your promotional literature and catalogs on one tiny drive why would you use paper to print them. Flash drives offers a reusable and small package that can be used to store any of your documents and save the need for printing them on paper, paper that will likely end up in a landfill in a year or so.
We Offer a Full Range of Custom Branded Flash Drives
More and more companies are turning to branded flash drives as a way to advertise their company as well as to distribute materials that are too large to distribute in another way, or can seem overwhelming to a potential customer that receives them. We offer custom branded flash drives that can be preloaded with any of your documents.